Main Forum
Page
of 5

Earris rambles about shit in here.......

44 replies
Votes:
+44
War Council
that happens if you let an randomizing algorithm write a story.
sigbar_bloodletter.png
Posted Mar 23, 14 · OP
Votes:
+44
War Council
Since the last one was more of a joke and an experiment that ended badly.... turns out you need more than just structure to have story.

Some of you might have seen my last post in the Chat.

Our generation in which i just assume that most people that read this here are at the date of writing this between 20 and 40 might actually be the last generation that still dies normally.

I will have to go a bit more in depth on that statement i feel. Sure even if we achieve Immortality as a species people will still die since it will come out of the current system and thus will be governed by capitalism. Whoever finds the "magical" cure against again will not only be the first Immortal to walk this earth but also probably the richest person to walk it for quite some time.
This said people would still even after the invention still die since only the richest of the so called "1%" would be able to afford their own immortality.

What would that mean for us as a species? Well assuming that immortality is only there for the richest of the rich most things would just go like they are now nothing would really change in fact some stuff would even change less since money no longer fluctuated as much with the death of these individuals.
But what happens if immortality becomes wide spread? Well that is quite the interesting question to be honest and there are a lot of factors to keep in mind such a religious believes and personal ideals but in the end there are not that many options. The most likely would be that due to overpopulation we would implement wide spread bans on procreation like they already existed in China even though there they have been reduced again. This might cause an uproar but in the end there is no way to actually supply almost infinite amounts of people from the resources we have left. The enforcement of such a ban would probably require quite the totalitarian regime which aint that surprising anyway since in almost all parts of the world we are heading or living in such already anyway.
The other alternative would be that we fail to implement such a thing and burn though our resources this would lead to immense wars over resources a thing against the wars of now where we fight for oil might look like child play.

Looking on the more positive side of things though immortality gives humanity the chance to finally do what we have been longing for a million of years now. Search the infinite void above our heads for things that might be our equals or even more in intellect. To be honest i am one of the persons that is looking forward to this immensely first of all because i would take any chance to get away from the rest of humanity and second of all this might be one redeeming feature of humanity for all the shit we have screwed up so far we might be able to finally leave our planet behind and start fresh maybe without taking the failures of our past with us to the stars.
sigbar_bloodletter.png
Posted Mar 27, 14 · OP
Votes:
+44
War Council
Well it is once again time for one of these since shit is going down right now all over the world and i am drunk enough to ramble on about this for a while.

First a bit of Introduction that i feels is required about all of this and about me as a person to make stuff comprehensible for others.
Israel right now is once again fighting in Gaza to as they said themselves secure their own people from an enemy that wants to annihilate them. Well Hamas stated that in its 1988 charter that it is going to fight against people that try to denounce the possibility of a Palestinian state or preventing people from practicing their religion openly. Which i guess makes the current government of Israel their Prime target since their leader Netanyahu even before he was in power issued statements like "The dogs [Palestinians] are gonna get killed like the mad animals they are" or referred to mass killings in Gaza as "we [Israel] are just cutting the grass over there" after a especially heavy wave of attacks.

Why am i interested in all of this? Well i personally dont give a single shit about any of the people that die over there even though i should at least have a feeling of regret.
A few years ago i was working as part of a small team on targeting algorithms.
Officially they where supposed to help with search and rescue and since they are based on neural networking they are trainable. Sure you can if you feed them the right data train them to find people in chaos areas be it after a tsunami (most resent event back then) or after earthquakes and the like.
But we all knew that this stuff was used for drones to find targets amongst other people we even trained them for it how to get good data that it will target single individuals out of groups and the like. How to decide if a person was carrying a bunch of building pipe or a RPG.
It was interesting work i am not gonna denny that and in the end i just dont have the morals or ethics to stop work just because it is gonna get used to kill people later on.

Right now these algorithms in modified form and trained with a set of data that has nothing to do with the intended humanitarian use are giving the information for where to attack and whom to bomb in Gaza. Well this said i am still not feeling to worried about the deaths i have caused in fact i think i am getting pretty good KD from all of this and having a better score at the end of the game never before turned out to be a bad thing.

Why i am truly pissed about the things that are going on in Gaza right now is that during the work back then i met a few guys that like myself went of to do work for Think Tanks and one in particular is working in one close to the Likud party of Israel.
They are sure a smart bunch and their ideas and implementations are followed quite closely which is impressive in itself.
But the way the manipulate people and hide information or falsify it makes me rage like almost nothing else.

Sure for the most people it does not matter they neither see nor care how they are being lied to for me it is outrageous since i see things i would have done the same way myself and others that are just not working out and are noted down to be learned from.

The thing that brought me to even right this is among them in fact it is this article that had been posted at The Times of Israel this night is has already been removed again but the fact that is has even been posted in the first place tells a lot.

[img]http://https://i.imgur.com/JLZg30t.png[/img]
sigbar_bloodletter.png
Posted Aug 2, 14 · OP · Last edited Aug 4, 14
Lofty Merc a[Å]
Votes:
+67
Admins
404 not found on the screen grab... Do I smell conspiracy? :p
sigbar_archon.png
http://bloodpact.net
Posted Aug 3, 14
Votes:
+44
War Council
https://imgur.com/JLZg30t well it is a problem with the [img]tag i think[/img]
sigbar_bloodletter.png
Posted Aug 3, 14 · OP
Votes:
+40
the problem was with trying to nest an https in http
Posted Aug 4, 14
Votes:
+44
War Council
And it is time for one more of these but its gonna be a short one.

As a child i was like 8 or 9 years old at the time when i first came across this date 6 August 1945 and what happened on it.
Few dates have ever changed the world so much like this date.

On it the greatest act of terrorism ever done has burned itself into the history books like the shadows of Children that had been burned on the walls they stood in front of never to be removed.

Over 30.000 people died the exact time of 8:15 local time that day in Hiroshima.
A city targeted for a few simple reasons people will tell you it was for its strategic value but that is bullshit it was for the simple fact it had not been bombed before.

It was a great test site for a new weapon and the factors of having a maximum amount of civilian causalities was a great added bonus.
Since this was the true reason and why i call it an act of terror.
It was just that to strike fear into the heart of the enemy cause terror among the people.
Having them know that the fire bombings of the years before where only the beginning and the weapons now used where so much greater in its potential for destruction.

Sure back then people did not know that the radioactive fallout would kill so much more people than the initial blast nor did they know that for uncounted generations ahead people would die of cancer or be born with severe defects because of the bomb used.

AtomicEffects-p7a.jpg
AtomicEffects-p7b.jpg
sigbar_bloodletter.png
Posted Aug 6, 14 · OP
Votes:
+44
War Council
So since the world is going apeshit right now it feels like time for one more of these.

Let me just list what we got at the time of writing this.

Possible Ebola Pandemic
War in the Ukrain
War in Syria
War in Israel / Gaza
War in South Sudan
War on Drugs in Mexico
Civil War in Afghanistan
Civil War in Somalia
Civil War in Egypt
Civil War in Lybia
Islamic rebellion in Iraq
Islamic rebellion in Nigeria
Islamic rebellion in Pakistan
Islamic rebellion in Indonesia

Also conflicts in the following countries

Burma
India
Philippines
China
Yemen
Lebanon
Sudan
Thailand
Russia

and those are just the ones i can remember from the top of my head.
But there is one i wanna go into some more detail right now since it has been the most interesting of them from a political view right now.

The war against the people that want to build the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in Iraq.
Thos clowns are delusional to the most degree they think they need a religious state on the base of the most extreme interpretation of the Quran possible. Their leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is quite the interesting person though since he is a great example and people like him exist in most of the zones that are under conflict right now.

He was once a friend of the United States of America since he helped after 2003 build a group that was working against Sadam Hussain and thus a ally of the US.
Like so often in History the US does only fight enemies she knows having them armed and trained herself.
The great irony of our time though is that though this seems like incompetence on side of the US in fact this is only partially so.
Sure some of the people they trained, one could say almost all in fact, turn agains them but in the end it does not matter as long as they do what they where trained to do.

Her for the example of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi or Abab for short. He and his militia where created to help the United states keep control on a region in Iraq and they did just that for a while. But as so often with lunatics like Abab they realise that what they have is just not enough and they need more. Be it in his example that he things like he is descended from some prophet and feels the voice of god in his brain. Or jus pure greed who knows. In fact who cares it does not matter the effect is the same.

So in the example of Abab he gets declared a terrorist around 2009 since his views are so hardcore that even the people in the US defence department think he is to extreme. And for reference those retards are cool with killing hundreds of children and defenceless civilians. There is a reason why the US has not declared a war since the end of WW2 and if people care i can write a rant on that as well eventually let me know.

So he gets his extremist group going and over the cause of half a decade he gets enough people to follow him that as the United States leave the Iraq he is able to put together an army. Sure he uses weapons from Saudi Arabia and Qatar that in the end the US paid for but hey. This as well is a good example the us arms people all over the world for crazy amounts of money and most of the time they end up getting fought with just those some time later.

But all of this is not to important neither is the humanitarian factor.
Sure it is a dick move to kill unarmed civilians in cruel ways like Isis does. Crucifixion of Christians or beheading of people before their relatives even burring them alive all those are things normal people consider at least bad form.
But in the end who gives a shit.
Who cares that people thousand of miles away from yourself get killed by the thousands. We as a species are not able to deal with those things we tend to push them aside and move on with our live dealing with problems from day to day stuff like why this guy in the house next to me is playing horrible techno music right now. (Srsly its 2014 who even listens to that shit nowadays)

The real problem in the Iraq why the US and Britain and soon others are going to war there and even employ the help of the same people they declared terrorist a few years back aka the Syrian rebels is a another. The reason is quite simple but so twisted that it takes a while to get behind it.

Isis may succeed otherwise.

As Arthur Schlesinger said the US has no part in war unless its vital interest are at hand. And the Iraq is one of the most vital to them since the Middles east is "The greatest price in human history" what could be more vital.
Iraq is basically filled with oil and right now the USA are the worlds lading country when it comes to the export of that resource.
So having a functioning religious (think non US controlled) government there is the worst possible outcome for them.

The humanitarian aspect is great to be shown in the media as well it makes it easy to sell to the public even easier than it was in the case of 911.
sigbar_bloodletter.png
Posted Aug 11, 14 · OP
Votes:
+44
War Council
So it has been quite a while since i have done one of these kinda feel like it again after this day.

As with Ebola and ISIS still on the run right now my dayjob is basically a joke as people will eat everything politicians throw them no matter how bad it is going to be for them a few years down the line.
In Germany we now got different passports for Muslims which is something we had once before..... for Jews.

This stuff is going to be horrible and right now Orwell is probably rotating fast enough in his grave that you could power hole cities from it.

But the thing i want to rant about today is something totally different as i had the fun (kind of not really actually) running into this recently. In Germany it is expected of you if you want to get over a certain level of degree that you will have to teach some of the lower classes. So right now i am among others teaching a class in Psychology about basic subconscious and conscious exchanges during conversations. And as the previous topic for the class was rather boring one and i was allowed to change it called it "How you get her to sleep with you.". This was mostly intended as a joke and as the class is required for only a few people i figured i would have like 30-50 people max. Due to scheduling problems i got one of the bigger lecture halls assigned that fits around 200 people. Since this week now this one is to small as there have been about 250 people in the room and more outside when i started my class today.

We are here in Germany now about four weeks into the semester and before i had normal attendances around 35-45 people showing up.
But as yesterday there had been a discussion round a few topics within the Faculty which i attended for one of my professors. In General this is quite common and normally they are pretty much over in like 20 minutes as no one shows up the teaching staff talks for a bit among each other and then everyone goes home. Yesterday though one of the Genderstudies Professors was to be debated as her classes had earned some critique recently for being to extreme in their outlines.

I am not aware if you guys have gotten this in your countries as well but in Germany right now there is a lot of outrage about gender inequality and especially the feminist side going overboard a lot.

Her i should elaborate on my personal outline of this before i go one as i think it is important to write what position i come from.
I personally think that gender equality is one of the most important problems we face right now.
Maybe even the most important one as it discriminates 51% of the population.
I strongly agree on may points that are put forth in favor of gender equality and think this should be addressed more than it normally is.

What i disagree with is if aggressive feminists call others rather unpleasant things just for being male.
I am also not happy about being personally attacked just because i think that a certain person should think about stuff she says before actually opening her mouth. I am willing to go through great lengths to protect the right of free speech for others even if i dont agree with what they have said. What i dont think though is that free speech means consequence free speech if you said something dumb others are allowed to judge you for it.

So all this came about as on said meeting of the faculty said Genderstudies professor was openly critiqued by others for interrupting their classes and doing straight up smear campaigns against other teaching stuff.
Some of these people for example though a first Semester class about Kant and where then critiqued for teaching this as Kant was known to be not only racist but also quite patriarchal. Well even if you ignore the fact that most people around that time where most of the things that we teach him for today are totally free of this way of thinking.

I got myself in a rather heated debate about what methods should be employed especially considering that in the end the students would be the one to suffer as most teachers dont actually give a shit about this. They got long lasting contracts and cant be kicked out of the positions they hold if they dont kill someone else.

Since this point i am getting insane amounts of Spam from feminists all over the place as it seems like i had been tweeted about or something i still dont quite know how i actually got there.
So far i have gotten around 7k Emails on my University mail which sadly is one i cant easily replace or just ignore as this is the one which all the people i teach classes for also reach out to me or i use to reach out to my professors.

On a different note but to the same topic i am having a lot of fun watching the whole Feminist and Genderstudies thing unfold as it is sadly on a course where they are leaving to much burned ground. They are attacking each other for not being extreme enough and for using the wrong terms. It seems to me that they have no idea on how to focus their energy on a common goal which means all the force that could be behind it is actually just going to blow over and be lost.
sigbar_bloodletter.png
Posted Oct 30, 14 · OP
Votes:
+44
War Council
WE ARE NOT CHARLIE

Yeah everyone calm your tits i know i was going for a fun first sentence there. But it is true in a way and since i have not done one of these in a long time here a bit of my take on the hole thing.

We have never stood up for freedom of speech when it was still up for debate.
We did not publish caricatures of Mohammed under death threads.
We have not been executed because we did what we though was right.
We did not stand in for our believes where it hurt.
We did not go against terror or tyranny.

We are not taking up our work in a place where just a few days ago twelve people have been shot to death.

To be totally fair i am sad about to be part of a generation that just goes along their live but here and there does a tweet about #jesuischarlie or #kony2012 or #bringbackourgirls.
It does not make a change and it never will. It is just an online confession that is as meaningless as if you go ahead and like your favorite band. It changes about as quickly as well for most people.
It is just a blimp in your timeline feed to the never sleeping gods of social media.
It will vanish in all the noise and instead of what could have been a tragedy and a reminder for people it just ends in yet another banality.

I know everyone got an opinion on this but the things not just on this on everything. And it needs to be presented to the world right now right without even having had time to work over an event.
Otherwise there could be the fact that one would miss a trend and that would be even worse.
It would be horrible if one had time to think about things and get to their own conclusion before they miss the hype train.

For me the fear i feel right now is not due to the terror attack on a french satire magazine.
It comes just from the reaction i see among the people of my own age.

Quick reactions and hysteria after an attack. A call for more surveillance for more police and legislation.
Even calls for a return of the death penalty have come up.
The enemy here is our reflex to act to do something just for the sake of doing it.
We are doing exactly what terrorism wants us to do.
We question the baseline values of a free democratic society.

The Enemy is not Islam,
We are the enemy.
The naive people that think a fav or like could change the world that in the coming months and weeks it would be enough just to tweet an opinion. As if twitter was a place to have a discussion about politics or our society.
The enemy are the lazy that only act in online petitions or blog.
The enemy are the dumb that no longer think for themselves, that no longer read newspapers or watch the news, that no longer care for politics or society, that just no longer ask questions.
The enemy are the people that dont take part in elections anymore.

The enemy is the the blind horde that screams like a child.

NO
WE
ARE
NOT
CHARLIE

WE ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO IT
sigbar_bloodletter.png
Posted Jan 12, 15 · OP
List
Undo
Page
of 5