Main Forum
Page
of 4

Dont ya just love Straya!(Some info for all the not so aussie ppl)

31 replies
Votes:
+49
War Council

Meanwhile In Australia.

Australian photographer Joanne Paquette captured a very rare Bio-luminescence landscape from Plankton Washes onto the Beach in Jervis Bay, Australia last night.

This picture is particularly stunning because the concentration of the micro-organism 'Noctiluca Scintillans' was abnormally high in Jervis Bay.

This condition documented by scientists as "Milky Seas Effect" is extremely rare and has been observed only 235 times since 1915.

So take a close look at the picture because you may not be able to witness such a phenomenon in your life...
Attached Images
Originally Posted by Mabus "Mabus did this, mabus did that, mabus hit me with a wiffle ball bat! Does QQing about imaginary QQing make you a QQer?"

sigbar_warcouncil.png
Posted Jul 7, 13 · OP · Last edited Jul 7, 13
List
Undo
Votes:
I like how we push them back into an area shaped like a koala head - go aussie!!!
(.)(.)
(ƒ;..; )ƒ --(RAWR)
(")(")
Posted Jul 7, 13
Votes:
+49
War Council
It is often asked why Australians generally don't require the use of a smear of Vegemite to ward of attacks by Drop Bears. Hopefully this will help to answer that. Studies have shown that it is the by-products of the interaction between chemicals found in Vegemite and those found in human sweat that actually repel these animals. Most Australians or those immigrants who have lived here for some time tend to eat Vegemite consistently, usually at least once and often twice a day, so they exude these chemicals through their skin permanently and are thus protected. Visitors on the other hand don't have that "natural" protection and are therefore advised to apply a liberal amount to the skin, the best area being just behind and towards the top of the ear as this area is prone to sweating and is closer to the top of the head and hence any T. plummetus that maybe lurking in the flora canopy. While this is by no means a certain protection and constant vigilance is advised it is far better than no protection at all.
Originally Posted by Mabus "Mabus did this, mabus did that, mabus hit me with a wiffle ball bat! Does QQing about imaginary QQing make you a QQer?"

sigbar_warcouncil.png
Posted Jul 7, 13 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+11
You people have issues.
orea_sig_1.0.png
Posted Jul 7, 13
Votes:
+49
War Council
just the way u like it!!!

sigbar_warcouncil.png
Posted Jul 7, 13 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+12
tldr Aussieland is TROPICANA LYFE CITEH
clowwsig10_zpsd9f3a4bb.png
Posted Jul 8, 13
Votes:
+49
War Council
Just some more pics
Attached Images

sigbar_warcouncil.png
Posted Jul 8, 13 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+12
dont care...still going to Aussieland.
clowwsig10_zpsd9f3a4bb.png
Posted Jul 8, 13
Votes:
+49
War Council
When you think of killer animals whether on land or in the oceans what creatures do you think of? Probably animals and or mammals such as the great white shark, grizzly bears, Lions, maybe poisonous snakes. There are quite a few scary creatures in this world and even though humans are the dominant species we can still be hunted down and killed. When you think of killer creatures do you ever think of birds? How about a scary creature called the killer Cassowary? The Cassowary is a Ratite bird which means a flightless bird. The southern Cassowary which can be found in New Guinea and North East Australia is third only in size and weight to the Ostrich and the Emu. The Cassowary is an omnivorous bird but eats mostly fruit.

There are three types of cassowary bird being the southern Cassowary which is the most common and more well known. The dwarf and northern Cassowary birds are not as well known and somewhat smaller than the southern Cassowary bird. The Cassowary bird on average is around 5’7 in height and over 100 lbs. There are reports of cassowaries growing well over 6’ tall and around 130lbs in weight.

Like any creature if provoked or backed into a corner they will attack and Cassowary attacks are in fact real and very serious. It is reported that a teen passed away from injuries received from a Cassowary jumping and kicking him in the throat back in the 1930’s. Others have been kicked in the chest receiving bruises and serious cuts from the claws of the bird. The sheer size of the southern Cassowary should be enough of a warning to not provoke this creature.

The cassowary has three toes or claws that are very sharp with the middle claw resembling some hooked sport knives you can purchase. The middle claw grows to five inches in length so imagine this fierce bird jumping and kicking at you with a weapon that has a five inch blade hitting you in the torso or thigh cutting you open. It’s terrifying to think that a beautiful bird could do such a thing. Not only does this vicious bird have knives for claws it can run over 30 miles per hour jumping almost 5 feet in the air so don’t try and escape if you annoy a southern cassowary. To add to the stealth speed of this bird since the cassowary is a ratite bird they have learned to swim quite well.

If you find yourself in Australia and run into one of the varieties of Cassowary birds especially the southern cassowary make sure to steer clear of the bird and certainly don’t do anything to scare or provoke the creature. Stand back, take pictures and just enjoy the beauty of this massive bird, the killer cassowary.

Attached Images

sigbar_warcouncil.png
Posted Jul 16, 13 · OP · Last edited Jul 16, 13
Votes:
+7
Man those guys are mad, those fuckers can seriously kick the shit out of you. I would have shot it if it got that close to me in the scrub
Posted Jul 17, 13
List
Undo
Page
of 4
Account
Top Posters
NoticeNotices