Main Forum
Page
of 10

Kemwer's Sigs and Signs: Design Emporium

90 replies
kemwer_design_emporium.png

Hello all. I was doing a sig for Cthulhu some time ago, and I thought I could do with some practice of making quick designs, so I'm offering my mad skillz for any that would like sigs for use on the forums.

Shop is open. Read the rules, and feel free to post your requests!!

Rules

• Must have at least 20 posts on this forum (posts on the previous official forum DO count, just give me a heads up when posting your request): I'm not making sigs that won't be used.
  • Must be on the guild for at least 1 month: same as above.
  • Must be at least of Member rank: still the same reason.
  • No animated sigs: take too much work, not all forums support it, and are just too flashy.
  • No tall sigs: I usually do sigs on some standard sizes, but you might ask for a different size if you want. I do not, however, do sigs that are too tall (over 170px), to avoid taking too much space on a page. I don't like it, therefore I don't do it.
  • If you want transparent designs, keep it simple: while I think transparent sigs look awesome, they can be a pain in butt to make, so if you want one, keep this in mind: if you wouldn't want to cut that with scissors, I won't like to cut it with Photoshop.
  • First come, first serve, no rush: I'm very nitpicky (as you can probably see by the size of this post), so I'll post the final image when I'm happy with the result. That may be 10 minutes, or 10 days later.

Request Template

Here is what I need from you (please format your request according to this template):

• Name: can be your char, or just your preferred persona. It's going to be the big one on the sig, unless requested otherwise.
  • Tagline (optional): if you want a short sentence on the picture (like "there is no kill like overkill"), I can optionally include it.
  • Font: choose your favorite free font on this website. If you're not sure on one exact font, just pick ONE sub-category that you like (like Gothic: Medieval) on this website and I can choose a good one for you.
  • Color Scheme: choose one or two colors for your design. You can be straightforward and just pick some primary colors, or if you are feeling fancy, go to Kuler.Adobe and pick a color theme (just give me the Theme #ID). I'll try to stick to this theme as close as possible.
  • Visual Style: hint me to the style you want in as many keywords as you can think of: realistic, cartoonish, manga, funny, dark, fiery, and so on.
  • Reference images: do not assume I'm familiar with the game, class, anime, comic or whatever subject you want on your sig, make sure to give me some URLs of high quality images you like as inspiration for the design. I may or may not use them (I usually do when the images are good enough), since I have my own reference image bank, but it will give me an idea of what you want. Of course, if you do want something specific to be included on your design, make sure to tell me, and send me the image on the highest possible resolution and quality.
  • Observations: do you need the sig to have a specific format? Do you want ONE additional version to use somewhere that doesn't allow transparent or big images? Is any type of image, visual or color that you absolutely do NOT want on your sig? If there is anything else I should know, just tell me.

I also do other types of design as well, but I'll reserve the right to make or pass on a case-by-case basis. Say what you need, and I'll tell you if I can help you or not.

Note for those requesting transparent signatures

My usual signature style is too complex to fit within the standards for sigs on the Rift forums: images are usually taller, and files larger than permited. Even if I was to make those sigs inside the image size restrictions (500x100px), the amount of details on each image would still make the files too large.

Transparent sigs are permitted, but unless you keep the visuals simple, file sizes will always be larger than the (oddly specific) 24.4kB limit, because of the need for PNG lossless compression for transparent images.

So if you want a image that can be used on the Rift forums or any other forums with more restrictive standards, just include this as an observation and I can create an alternate version as opaque JPEG files, in addition to the transparent one.

Signature Lists

Done on 2010
Cthulhu, Kiarah, Brad, wikked, Palmtiger, Ravennight, Cloww, Arteigon, Gaiakai, DeityBlayde, Nupraptor, my_fat_monkey, Hips, Unforgiven, Mellerik, Liriana, Watafak, Roansollis, Orea, Deadly Guz, Virindi, Malo, Musufasa, Blyxx, Veckna, Rhyv, DarkoneNeo, Maximus, Valford, LanceKnight, lilcannibalgrl, DeathWaits, ARapha, Masky, Daniellol, Mirajen, Tentickles, Korain, Pheonixs

Done on 2011
Orea (2.0), Kiarah (2.0), Wikked, Braedonnal, Rival, Opt1kal, Xero, Larael, Tarsakh, Lucifeara, Watafak, Pheonix, Liri, Maximus, Arketta

On Approval
none

Waiting List
Amy
Miesch
Remede

Standing by
waiting for details/references/post threshold
none

Re-do/Adjust
on stand-by until waiting list is clear
Opt1kal
Cthulhu
kemwer_gameless_sig_3.1.png
sigbar_warcouncil.png
Future classes: guildwars2.png Norn Elementalist swtor.png Zabrak Sith Inquisitor
Posted Feb 7, 11 · OP · Last edited Apr 4, 11
Here are a few designs I made, old and new, to give you an idea of what to expect. I'll keep this updated as new designs are made.

arketta_sig_1.0.png
Arketta

watafak_sig_2.0.png
Watafak

lucifeara_sig_1.0.png
Lucifeara

tarsakh_sig_1.0.png
Tarsakh

larael_sig_1.0.png
Larael

xero_sig_1.0.png
Xero

opt1kal_sig_1.0.png
Opt1kal

rival_sig_1.0.png
Rival

braedonnal_sig_1.0.png
Braedonnal

kiarah_sig_2.0.png
Kiarah

wikked_sig_1.1.png
Wikked

orea_sig_2.0.png
Orea

pheonixs_sig_1.1.png
Pheonix

korain_sig_1.0.png
Korain

tentickles_sig_1.0.png
Tentickles

mirajen_sig_1.1.png
Mirajen

daniellol_op_sig_1.0.jpg
Daniellol

masky_op_sig_1.0.jpg
Masky

arapha_sig_1.1.png
ARapha

deathwaits_sig_1.0.png
DeathWaits

lilcannibalgrl_sig_1.1.png
lilcannibalgrl

lanceknight_sig_1.1.png
LanceKnight

valford_sig_1.0.png
Valford

maximus_sig_1.0.png
Maximus

darkoneneo_sig_1.0.png
DarkoneNeo

rhyv_sig_1.0.png
Rhyv

My 3.0 signature

veckna_sig_1.0.png
Veckna

blyxx_sig_1.0.png
Blyxx

musufasa_sig_1.0.png
Musufasa

virindi_sig_1.0.png
Virindi

malo_sig_1.0.png
Malo

deadlyguz_sig_1.0.png
DeadlyGuz

orea_sig_1.0.png
Orea

roansollis_sig_1.0.png
Roansollis

watafak_sig_1.0.png
Watafak

liriana_sig_1.0.png
Liri

mellerik_sig_1.0.png
Mellerik

unforgiven_sig_1.0.png
Unforgiven

hips_sig_1.0.png
Hips

my_fat_monkey_sig_1.1.jpg
my_fat_monkey

nupraptor_sig_1.0.png
Nupraptor

deityblayde_sig_1.0.png
DeityBlayde

gaiakai_sig_1.1.png
Gaiakai

arteigon_sig_1.0.png
Arteigon

cloww_sig_1.0.png
Cloww

ravennight_sig_1.0.png
RavenNight/Sanguine

palmtiger_sig_1.1.png
Palmtiger

wikked_sig_1.0.png
Wikked

kiarah_sig_1.1.png
Kiarah

brad_sig_1.1.jpg
Brad

cthulhu_sig_1.3.png
Cthulhu

seika_sig_1.0.png
Seika
sigbar_warcouncil.png
Future classes: guildwars2.png Norn Elementalist swtor.png Zabrak Sith Inquisitor
Posted Feb 7, 11 · OP · Last edited Apr 4, 11
I definitely have some ideas for a future sig! Just working on getting ranked up so be ready :p
Posted Feb 10, 11
Copying information over from previous site.

Name: Larael

Tagline (optional): "I am your Inner Demon." Also, BloodPact

Font: Carolingia (Gothic > Celtic)

Color Scheme: Black, Purple

Visual Style: Dark, Mysterious, Lightning!

Reference images: Character: http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/9411/nightelfbwcy3.jpg

Background: http://www.yourdiscovery.com/dni-media/photogallery-tool/mu-0/media-17301-49325.jpg

You get the idea.

Observations: I'd like the signature just to use it on this site.

My character is a Cleric, but I want the signature to portray her evil side, as she isn't the typical "holy" cleric.

Larael

larael_sig_1.0.png
Posted Feb 11, 11
I'm planning on doing another livecast while making signatures this Sunday, around 10AM PST, tho this probably won't be a long one this time around. Considering my time constraints, I might probably only get to make a couple of sigs.

Use the following website to see when this will be where you live: http://everytimezone.com/

So if you want to see me work at it, just be sure to check my Ustream channel at the correct time, and hop on Vent if you want to talk to me during the livecast.
sigbar_warcouncil.png
Posted Feb 13, 11 · OP
So... yeah, that didn't happen. Family at home, some other stuff to do, sorry about that.

If I can I might try to make some sigs today after a meeting we have schedule, but I'm not promising anything.
sigbar_warcouncil.png
Posted Feb 13, 11 · OP
I'm not a member yet but I'd like the Bloodpact logo for my sign (i'll do it myself) to sponsor the guild in the rift forums (with clickable link)
Spellsinger Cutie
Posted Feb 14, 11
Kem's sig looks so amazingly great. !! :thumb:

Posted Feb 14, 11
Hi Kem,

Not sure what happened to the rest of the string with my request in it -- I think it must have gotten "lost in translation" from one site to the other. Do you need me to repost what I'd like?

And, of course, there is absolutely no rush.

Thanks, Kem. Just let me know what you'd like me to do.
--Luci
Posted Feb 14, 11
Votes:
Lucifeara wrote:
Hi Kem,

Not sure what happened to the rest of the string with my request in it -- I think it must have gotten "lost in translation" from one site to the other. Do you need me to repost what I'd like?

And, of course, there is absolutely no rush.

Thanks, Kem. Just let me know what you'd like me to do.
--Luci

All of the information is still on the old site so unless you feel the need to repost it here you definitely do not have to. I had the same question a while back.
Posted Feb 14, 11
Page
of 10
Account
Top Posters
NoticeNotices