Hello all. I was doing a sig for Cthulhu some time ago, and I thought I could do with some practice of making quick designs, so I'm offering my mad skillz for any that would like sigs for use on the forums.
Shop is open. Read the rules, and feel free to post your requests!!
- Must have at least 20 posts on this forum (posts on the previous official forum DO count, just give me a heads up when posting your request): I'm not making sigs that won't be used.
- Must be on the guild for at least 1 month: same as above.
- Must be at least of Member rank: still the same reason.
- No animated sigs: take too much work, not all forums support it, and are just too flashy.
- No tall sigs: I usually do sigs on some standard sizes, but you might ask for a different size if you want. I do not, however, do sigs that are too tall (over 170px), to avoid taking too much space on a page. I don't like it, therefore I don't do it.
- If you want transparent designs, keep it simple: while I think transparent sigs look awesome, they can be a pain in butt to make, so if you want one, keep this in mind: if you wouldn't want to cut that with scissors, I won't like to cut it with Photoshop.
- First come, first serve, no rush: I'm very nitpicky (as you can probably see by the size of this post), so I'll post the final image when I'm happy with the result. That may be 10 minutes, or 10 days later.
Here is what I need from you (please format your request according to this template):
- Name: can be your char, or just your preferred persona. It's going to be the big one on the sig, unless requested otherwise.
- Tagline (optional): if you want a short sentence on the picture (like "there is no kill like overkill"), I can optionally include it.
- Font: choose your favorite free font on this website. If you're not sure on one exact font, just pick ONE sub-category that you like (like Gothic: Medieval) on this website and I can choose a good one for you.
- Color Scheme: choose one or two colors for your design. You can be straightforward and just pick some primary colors, or if you are feeling fancy, go to Kuler.Adobe and pick a color theme (just give me the Theme #ID). I'll try to stick to this theme as close as possible.
- Visual Style: hint me to the style you want in as many keywords as you can think of: realistic, cartoonish, manga, funny, dark, fiery, and so on.
- Reference images: do not assume I'm familiar with the game, class, anime, comic or whatever subject you want on your sig, make sure to give me some URLs of high quality images you like as inspiration for the design. I may or may not use them (I usually do when the images are good enough), since I have my own reference image bank, but it will give me an idea of what you want. Of course, if you do want something specific to be included on your design, make sure to tell me, and send me the image on the highest possible resolution and quality.
- Observations: do you need the sig to have a specific format? Do you want ONE additional version to use somewhere that doesn't allow transparent or big images? Is any type of image, visual or color that you absolutely do NOT want on your sig? If there is anything else I should know, just tell me.
I also do other types of design as well, but I'll reserve the right to make or pass on a case-by-case basis. Say what you need, and I'll tell you if I can help you or not.
Note for those requesting transparent signatures
My usual signature style is too complex to fit within the standards for sigs on the Rift forums: images are usually taller, and files larger than permited. Even if I was to make those sigs inside the image size restrictions (500x100px), the amount of details on each image would still make the files too large.
Transparent sigs are permitted, but unless you keep the visuals simple, file sizes will always be larger than the (oddly specific) 24.4kB limit, because of the need for PNG lossless compression for transparent images.
So if you want a image that can be used on the Rift forums or any other forums with more restrictive standards, just include this as an observation and I can create an alternate version as opaque JPEG files, in addition to the transparent one.
Done on 2010
Cthulhu, Kiarah, Brad, wikked, Palmtiger, Ravennight, Cloww, Arteigon, Gaiakai, DeityBlayde, Nupraptor, my_fat_monkey, Hips, Unforgiven, Mellerik, Liriana, Watafak, Roansollis, Orea, Deadly Guz, Virindi, Malo, Musufasa, Blyxx, Veckna, Rhyv, DarkoneNeo, Maximus, Valford, LanceKnight, lilcannibalgrl, DeathWaits, ARapha, Masky, Daniellol, Mirajen, Tentickles, Korain, Pheonixs
Done on 2011
Orea (2.0), Kiarah (2.0), Wikked, Braedonnal, Rival, Opt1kal, Xero, Larael, Tarsakh, Lucifeara, Watafak, Pheonix, Liri, Maximus, Arketta
waiting for details/references/post threshold
on stand-by until waiting list is clear