Main Forum
Page
of 4

What I do when not in game

31 replies
Votes:
+49
War Council
So about 2 years ago i started programing(VB10 say what u will of VB 6 but VB10 is the shiz),

I started out with networking(Tcp Server\Client) all went well and i build a very fast IOCP(SocketAsyncEventArgs) server and client that also has a low memory footprint and secured with RSA and AES encrytion systems.

Anyway I needed a way to test the server so i started to build a multi player game and after 6months R&D and a 4 week build time i have my Light Pre-pass Renderer.

Render System Features:

Dynamic Lighting
1000+ Lights(my system dont like more than 3000)
Cascade Shadow Maps
SSAO(Post-Process)
DoF(Post-Process)
Bloom(Post-Process)
Multi Layer HDR w/ Tonemapping(Post-Process)
Volumetric Light Scattering(Post-Process)
Quad Tree based Lod Multi Textrue Terrain
3D particle system
2D particle system
Full ingame window system
2D Lighting system
Full night and day system
dynamic clouds(needs work)

runs at about 120 -200 FPS

I have attached some SS and a video(looks like shit coz i had to compress it).

Now i just need to work out a game concept and put this beast to work making me some $$$

Light Pre-Pass Render based off code from http://jcoluna.wordpress.com and converted from C# to VB10 with SharpDev
Originally Posted by Mabus "Mabus did this, mabus did that, mabus hit me with a wiffle ball bat! Does QQing about imaginary QQing make you a QQer?"

sigbar_warcouncil.png
Posted Jul 15, 12 · OP · Last edited Sep 4, 12
Votes:
+8
When can we play?
Posted Jul 15, 12
Votes:
+49
War Council
right now i can drop objects in game and make it look nice but thats about it.... soon my friend soon
Originally Posted by Mabus "Mabus did this, mabus did that, mabus hit me with a wiffle ball bat! Does QQing about imaginary QQing make you a QQer?"

sigbar_warcouncil.png
Posted Jul 15, 12 · OP
Votes:
+8
Would like to have a look around it though, let me know :)
Posted Jul 15, 12
Votes:
+49
War Council
yer man if u like u can have a play with an older editor(buggy and slow)

Note*** Im using skyrim art because i need HD art to work with and as im a coder i suck at that
so once i move into alpha and beta ill remove all copyright art

some new SS
Attached Images

sigbar_warcouncil.png
Posted Jul 15, 12 · OP
Votes:
+9
Let me at it!
haweo.jpg
Posted Jul 16, 12
Votes:
+10
I would love to help. If you need anything just let me know.
sigbar_bloodletter.png
dood.jpg
Posted Jul 17, 12
u have chars built yet? avatars?
Posted Jul 17, 12
Votes:
+49
War Council
@Phattaz yes and no im using ED-209 from Robocop as the player and AI atm. I did this to test my content pipline for .FBX files eg. in 3ds max if u add a dummy object and put B_ anywhere in the name it will be converted to a gun barrel ingame. I removed the legs and moved the arms from the model im using coz i had CBF rigging the damn inverse knees on his legs.

@TheDoods What skills u got? Right now i only have about 8hrs a week to work on the code base coz of TSW
so im trying to target areas of the code to work on each week and atm im trying to work out how to do the network side of things but hey if u can code or something or even if ur good with art it would be a big help.

@Haweo Im trying bro its just a bit of a mess and im thinking ill have to give u the code base to build on ur PC just so its right and running under the debugger in VS and thats a big fucking upload, if you like ill start it some time this week but u will need to add me on hotmail so u can get the code off my skydrive...... its not public anymore coz of the skyrim stuff.

ps. the raw content is about 800mb and the code is about 100mb so ill have to do it over nite so i can still use my net. Hit me up on steam bro

@anyone else if u would like to have a play im going to build a tester with no copyright art it wont be the editor coz that beast is a fucking mess(anyone use the BF2 editor will know what im saying) but it will load gameplay files exported form the editor(the more time i spend on this the less i get in TSW so it may take some time)

sigbar_warcouncil.png
Posted Jul 18, 12 · OP
Votes:
+8
Sounds good and hey no pressure... by tomorrow night is fine :)
Posted Jul 18, 12
Page
of 4
Account
Top Posters
NoticeNotices